By: Pia Baroncini
September 01, 2022
If you are struggling with PCOS, and looking for some helpful tips, this is the podcast for you! Dr. Aviva Romm has a wealth of knowledge on the subject, and I got the opportunity to pick her brain, once again. Throughout this episode we discuss topics, such as: can one be predisposed to PCOS, how important your microbiome health is, how blood sugar and insulin resistance are linked to your PCOS symptoms, and so much more. We dive into how modern factors influence fundamental aspects of development, and how we can make changes now that will positively impact us moving forward. I share some of my personal tips and things that have helped me, and Dr. Romm shares some of her go-to tips for patients.
The biggest thing to note, if you are struggling with PCOS, is that there is no one-size-fits-all solution. It will take some trial and error to figure out what works best for you. Always remember to be compassionate and forgiving with yourself and your journey, and know that you are doing the best that you can. We hope that some of these tips will aid you on your way to feeling good and confident in the skin that you are in!
Dr. Aviva Romm’s general tips to help PCOS symptoms:
• Eat a mostly Mediterranean style diet
• Reducing the amount of carbs (not completely removing them), increasing the amount of protein (more than what you would usually eat), and incorporating good quality fats into your diet
• Nourishing your microbiome: eat a wide variety of fruits and veggies, lots of fiber, and grains and legumes
• Taking Berberine, Inositol, and/or Vitamin D/multivitamin supplements
All items are independently selected by yours truly.
*Prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
• Taking Adaptogens - they help with the stress response, immune response, and the blood sugar response
• Don’t be too restrictive! Switch this narrative in your mind, know you’re doing the best you can!